High Pressure Keeps Western Colorado Warm
The ridge of high pressure responsible for these warm conditions isn’t going away anytime soon. Today will be much like the past couple of days with afternoon showers and storms over the high country (mainly south of I-70) and mostly sunny skies for the valleys. Temperatures will be very similar to yesterday, climbing to the upper 80s in the Grand Valley. Wednesday will be nearly identical, if not a touch drier and warmer across the region.
On Thursday, some of the moisture from Tropical Storm Odile will move into southwest Colorado. This will lead to some scattered showers and storms near the Four Corners, but the rest of us will likely avoid any impacts from this tropical system. However, a trough of low pressure moving inland from the Pacific Ocean will support some showers and storms across most of western Colorado throughout Friday. This will cool temperatures back close to average for this time of the year. This system will quickly move east, so Saturday looks like it’ll be dry. That’ll be short-lived though as a surge monsoonal moisture moves into the Western Slope late Sunday through Monday.
Fall Foliage: Now that summer is almost over, it’s time to get ready for some of the country’s best fall colors! We’ll keep you updated with the latest estimates of current colors and when those colors will peak!
- Grand Mesa/Uncompahgre National Forests: Coverage: 5 – 10 %, Peak Colors: 9/28 – 10/11
- White River National Forest – Coverage: 20- 30%, Peak Colors: 9/21 – 10/4
- Gunnison National Forest - Coverage: 15 - 25 %, Peak Colors: 9/21 - 10/4
- San Juan National Forest – Coverage: 15 - 25%, Peak Colors: 9/21 – 10/4
Air Quality in Grand Junction as of 11 AM Tuesday is listed as good with a score of 25/500 according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Conditions are forecast to remain good on Tuesday.
NewsChannel 5 Weather App: For weather on the go, check out our free mobile app. All you need to do is search NC5 Weather in your app store for all the latest weather conditions including; current conditions/temperatures, 10 day forecast, live local & national radar, weather alerts and much more...
For more weather updates, follow me on Twitter @WxKanost!
The NewsChannel5 Intellicast WeatherActive Map has several functions that you might find useful.
- Use your mouse to move the map.
- Use the Zoom Bar to Zoom in or out.
- Using the "Layers" drop-down, sSelect which Layer you want to be displayed.
- Refer to the Status Box for an explanation of what that layer is telling you.
- Different and informative Overlays are also available from the Overlays drop-down.
Comments or Questions? email@example.com