Warm Saturday / Cooler Sunday
As a weak cold front pushed through the state today, it dropped some widely isolated showers in the higher elevations, but we remained dry in the lower valleys under mainly clear skies. Highs were warm once again with readings in the upper 80s, some 10 degrees above average. Our overnight lows will remain on the mild side with temps remaining in the upper 50s. Winds will be light out of the SE at 5-10 mph tonight.
Saturday is looking great, as skies will remain sunny and temperatures still on the warm side with another round of mid to upper 80s. We will remain on the dry side to start off our weekend.
Things start to change on Sunday as a closed low in Southern California pushes east into the Great Basin and the Western Slope. This will bring a good shot at precipitation here in the valleys both Sunday into early Monday. Our highs will drop into the upper 70s and lower 80 under partly to mostly cloudy skies.
Monday afternoon/evening clears up with mostly sunny skies on Tuesday and most of next week.
Fall Foliage: Now that summer is almost over, it’s time to get ready for some of the country’s best fall colors! We’ll keep you updated with the latest estimates of current colors and when those colors will peak!
- Grand Mesa/Uncompahgre National Forests: Coverage: 10 – 20 %, Peak Colors: 9/28 – 10/11
- White River National Forest – Coverage: 30 - 50%, Peak Colors: 9/21 – 10/4
- Gunnison National Forest - Coverage: 25 - 40 %, Peak Colors: 9/21 - 10/4
- San Juan National Forest – Coverage: 25 - 40%, Peak Colors: 9/21 – 10/4
Air Quality in Grand Junction as of 5 PM Friday is listed as good with a score of 30/500 according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Conditions are forecast to remain good on Saturday.
The NewsChannel5 Intellicast WeatherActive Map has several functions that you might find useful.
- Use your mouse to move the map.
- Use the Zoom Bar to Zoom in or out.
- Using the "Layers" drop-down, sSelect which Layer you want to be displayed.
- Refer to the Status Box for an explanation of what that layer is telling you.
- Different and informative Overlays are also available from the Overlays drop-down.
Comments or Questions? email@example.com