Grand Junction
Current: 46 °
Clear
High: 58
Low: 42
Wind: 7 MPH
Pressure: 30.32
Humidity: 76%
Montrose
Current: 46 °
Clear
High: 52
Low: 41
Wind: 0 MPH
Pressure: 30.34
Humidity: 71%
Glenwood Springs
Current: 44 °
Clear
High: 53
Low: 40
Wind: 0 MPH
Pressure: 30.33
Humidity: 76%

Chimney Fire Severely Damages House

Tools
  • Print

Created:

Updated: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 08:18:04 MST

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo.- Friday, The Grand Junction Fire Department responded to a chimney fire at a residential home on the 200 Block of Vencino Drive.

 

 

Firefighters worked to contain the interior of the fire to keep it from collapsing the roof. A firefighter partially fell through the roof while trying to contain the fire, but was not injured.

 

The owner of the home was inside with his three dogs but was able to evacuate. The kitchen and family room were severely damaged and the estimated cost is $80,000.

 

The owner says he’s relieved that he and the dogs made it out safely and that nobody was injured. The cause of the chimney fire is currently under investigation.

 

RSS Weather Apple App Weather Android App Syncback Twitter Facebook
News Channel 5 Weather