Duplex Fire Displaces 1, Forces Neighbors to Evacuate
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. Early Friday morning a duplex went up in flames at 446 North 22nd St. Fire crews were called out just before 4 a.m., arriving to heavy smoke and flames. Police were also on scene, helping evacuate neighboring apartments which were in close proximity to the fire. One woman was inside the duplex at the time, she was woken up by the smell of smoke and was able to get out safely. Officials believe the fire may have started on the inside, but are unsure what caused it. No one was injured, but unfortunately officials say the structure is a total loss. Red Cross was on the scene to assist the displaced woman. All other neighbors were later allowed to return to their homes.