Fire Consumes Loma Household
LOMA, Colo.- Grand Junction and Lower Valley Fire crews battled a blaze Friday morning, at 1311 Garfield Street in Loma.
While the owner wasn't home, her cats and dogs were and managed to escape safely.
Officials currently don't know the cause of the fire, but say the house is a complete loss.
Grand Junction Fire Department received a call about smoke pouring out of the two story home around 10:20 Friday morning.
It took crews nearly two hours to completely put out the blaze, busting out windows and spraying foam throughout the process.
Local American Red Cross volunteers are reaching out to the owner of the home, providing immediate needs such as housing, food and counseling.